Tuesday, June 24, 2008

At Home....

Beginning something always gives me the nerves and I'm afraid its true for this blog too! So I'll start off by writing about something that I am very comfortable with and the first thing that comes to mind is "Home".....The word conjures up a plethora of memories and feelings raked my them. I say this because my house will soon be brought down and there will stand a great building in its place which i will have to call home. Coming to terms with this reality was tough albeit necessary.
Its difficult to say good bye to a house where you were born and where you have spent all your living years.
The house holds so many memories, be it joy or grief. Every room in that house has its own story to tell. The first time you stood up, you took support of its walls; the first time u played hide and seek you hid within its protective shelter. Remember the time you were yelled at in school? You ran to the garden and cried your heart out. Your first disastrous attempt at cooking was in its kitchen...eventhough you messed up it made u feel proud! I could go on and on but I think you get what I'm trying to say.
Change has always been difficult and embrace it, we must despite our hearts singing another song!

1 comment:

magiceye said...

this is beautiful.... very well written..