Friday, April 23, 2010

Cooking experiments and more!




I'm back and I am sane! I only keep saying crazy things when I am sad but then I am back on feet as always! I decided to experiment with cooking to fight the blues and the results have been quite marvellous (even though I say so myself!). I've decided to post some interesting recipes that I dish out so heres the first one...its somewhat of a fusion dish not because of its flavours but because of its two main ingredients - Moong Dal and Courgettes! So the dish is called...Moong Dal and Courgette DAL!! You will need the following (I am not going to write out measurements of ingredients as I find it boring haa!)
Moong Dal
Courgette
Chopped Onions
Chopped Tomatoes
Cumin Seeds
Red chilli powder
Turmeric Powder
Tamarind Powder/Aamchur
Hing Powder
Oil
Salt
Microwave moongdal for 15 mins and keep aside (use minimal water or else the water will boil into the microwave!!) Heat oil in a vessel, add onions and fry till brown. Add cumin seeds and fry a little more. Now add corriander powder and continue frying. Follow this with chopped tomatoes. After about two minutes add the micro cooked moong dal, salt and chilli powder to taste. After about 5 minutes add the chopped courgettes, turmeric powder, tamarind powder and hing. Cook until courgettes are done. Serve hot with chapatis or rice.
Ho gaya! :) Its healthy and very tasty!!

As an end note...I finally cleaned the oven today and can't wait to try it out! Will bake a frozen pizza that we got from a supermarket the other day...Hopefully it should be fine but I have my doubts as it looks unused for over a century!! (what with all the dust and all eewww!)
Ok then, more from me later! Have a great weekend :)




1 comment:

magiceye said...

sounds fancy shmancy..
must be yummily delicious too!!